Tuesday, February 16, 2016

cocoa brownies

Hello!

I made brownies (a few batches) for Valentine's day. A family favourite. They don't long in this house!;) I know I shared this recipe before but here it is again (some have asked after seeing these photos on my instagram).



Ingredients

1/2 cup all-purpose flour (for my Croats I use oštro brašno)
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt (if using salted butter than skip this)
6 Tbsp. butter (85 grams)
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/3 cup mini chocolate chips (optional)


1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. (180 degrees C.). Grease 8 x 8 inch metal baking pan. In a small bowl combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt.
2. In saucepan, melt butter on low. Remove saucepan from heat; with spatula, stir in sugar, then eggs, 1 at a time, and vanilla until well blended. Stir in flour mixture. Spread batter in prepared pan; sprinkle with chocolate chips if using.
3. Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in brownies 2 inches from center comes out almost clean. Cool brownies completely in pan on wire rack (if you cut into them while they are still warm it'll be tricky cutting them because they are just too soft).
4. When cool, cut brownies into 4 stripes, then cut each strip crosswise into 4 squares.

Note: I know my Croats will be tempted to mix this but DON'T! Step away from your mixer! Pick up that spatula or a spoon and just stir everything until well blended....trust me. ;)

Each Brownie - About 120 calories, 2 g protein, 17 g carbohydrate, 6 g total fat (3 g saturated), 1 g fiber, 39 mg cholesterol, 100 mg sodium



xo

Pin It!

1 comments:

sassy said...

Preslatko izgledaju ovako izrezani u srčeka ;D Super si se sjetila i hvala za recept!