Thursday, April 10, 2014

Savijača s gljivama - mushroom strudel

Hello!
Hope all is well! :)

I tried a new recipe yesterday and it turned out great! I found this recipe in a Croatian magazine Lisa and it's called Savijača s gljivama (Mushroom strudel).
I love mushrooms and it's pretty easy. I have to admit though I never made this kind of dough...it's suppose to be a tough (hard) dough...I worked out my arms kneading this baby! :)






It's a tad time consuming but you could chop up the filling the night before. 



Like I said the most 'difficult' thing about this recipe was the dough...very little water goes into it (no milk, butter, eggs) and I had to get my husband to roll it out! LOL! Next time I will add a tad more water and bake it 10 minutes less (it says to bake for 40 minutes but 30 would be enough with my oven so I suggest you keep an eye on it).



Mushroom Strudel
Ingredients

Dough:
200 g flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons oil (I used olive oil)
1 teaspoon vinegar
70-80 ml warm water

Filling:
400 g mushrooms
2 red peppers
fresh parsley (6 sprigs)
salt, pepper to taste
1 onion
Also you'll need some melted butter.

1. Mix flour, salt and oil. Add warm water and vinegar. Knead for 5.10 minutes. The dough is suppose to be tough/hard. Put the dough into a bowl/container, brush with butter, cover and let sit for 30 minutes.

2. Slice up onion, mushrooms and peppers. Saute in one tablespoon oil for about 5 minutes or until most of the liquid has evaporated.  Chop up the parsley. Take off the stove and add  the fresh parsley, add salt and pepper to taste.

3. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Roll out dough to approx. 40x60 cm, a rectangular shape. Brush with butter. Add the filling making sure to leave an edge so you could tuck the ends and roll into a log. Brush again with butter. Bake for 40 minutes (I personally think 30 minutes is more than enough with my oven so I suggest to take a look after 25 minutes)



Savijača s gljivama
Sastojci

Za tijesto:
200 g brašna
1/2 žličice soli
2 žličice ulja
1 žličica octa
40 g tekućeg maslaca


Ostalo:
400 g šampinjona
2 crvene paprike
4 žlice maslaca
6 grančica peršina
sol, papar


1. Pomiješajte brašno, sol i ulje. Dodajte 70-80 tople vode i ocat. Rukama mijesite 5-10 minuta da dobijete čvrsto tijesto. Potom premažite tijesto s malo maslaca, pokrijte posudom te ostavite da odstoji 30 minuta.

2. Nasjeckajte luk, gljive i papriku te pržite na 1 žlici ulja oko 5 minuta. Nasjeckajte peršin. Mješavinu luka maknite sa štednjaka pa umješajte peršin. Posolite i popaprite. Pećnicu zagrijte na 200 stupnjeva.

3. Izvaljajte tijesto pa razvucite rukama u oblik pravokutnika (40x60 cm). Premažite s 2 žlice tekućeg maslaca. Nadjev raspodijelite po tijestu tako da ostavite slobodan rub od 5 cm. Potom rubove preklopite preko nadjeva te smotajte. Stavite na papir za pečenje, premažite s malo maslaca pa pecite oko 40 minuta. Premažite preostalim maslacem.

Ja mislim da 30 minuta dovoljno, svakako pogledajte nakon 25 minuta.


Good luck and Bon Appetit!
xo

Pin It!

0 comments: