Thursday, March 7, 2013

Easy Lemon Cake

Hello!

My mom gave me this recipe (my aunt gave it to her). It's simple, quick and yummy!


Now this is a Croatian recipe which means there are no 'measuring cups' like the kind that are used for US and Canadian etc. recipes...you know the measuring cups and spoons I'm talking about. For this recipe you use a tablespoon...I tried it with both my regular tablespoon that I eat with and with my measuring tablespoon...both work only I find that when I make it with my 'measuring tablespoon' it's a tad more moist which I prefer. Another thing is when I scoop up my ingredients with my measuring spoon I don't level it off with a knife...I just shake it a bit to level it off...so it shouldn't be perfect....a little extra on the spoon is fine.


Easy Lemon Cake

24 tablespoons of flour
12 tablespoons of sugar
12 tablespoons of water
12 tablespoons of oil
2 eggs
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 lemon (grind and juice)

Mix all the ingredients together for about 2-3 minutes on medium high. Bake (in preheated oven) at 180 degrees C or 350 degrees F for about 18-20 minutes...check with a toothpick.
I like to top it off with some whipped cream and berries.

Good luck!
xo
Pin It!

0 comments: